Sunday, April 3, 2011

Green Goodness

Just finished a super fast run and found myself brainstorming ideas for dinner. I realized I had a bunch of veggies in need of some attention and decided to keep dinner light. I opted for some life-affirming green goodness.

That's the great thing about juicing...you can pop all your produce into a little machine and bam! Maximize your nutrients for the day. Yum! Here's what I made:


Green Goodness Juice

One head of romaine lettuce*
Two cucumbers, peeled
Two small gala apples*
1-2 Tbsp Lime Juice

Juice the romaine, cucumbers and apples. Add lime juice and stir. Wonder why you haven't made something like this sooner.

*Buy organic. Apples and lettuce are on the Dirty Dozen.

1 comment:

A Life Unhurried said...

Hi Jennifer, I just read your guest blog post on Kris' blog, "6 Steps Toward Emotional Wellness". Just wanted to let you know how much I appreciated your post! It's a great reminder.

Your Green Goodness Juice is very similar to my daily green juice which I down after my daily exercise routine. I make mine with spinach (and sometimes broccoli stalks) instead of lettuce, and 1 green apple. It is SOOOO refreshing especially after a good sweaty workout!

-Grace