Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stress Reliever Numero Uno


I had been meaning to get back into charity work but with the economic times being what they were I was apprehensive about writing any checks. Then the light bulb went off. Pay it forward in time and attention to a cause. I instantly knew what I wanted to do.

I had been itching to get a dog for the last few months but hadn't really made room for one financially. It didn't help that my current apartment has a 35lb restriction and a $350 non-refundable deposit. Dog friendly? I think not! What's a canine-loving girl to do?

Spend some quality time at PAWS in Old City, of course!

It felt great to share in the mission of this awesome organization, which is a no-kill shelter. In just three years they upped the rescue rate from city shelters from 11% to 60%!

As part of my employer's Day of Service six of my co-workers and I fundraised, advertised, cleaned kittie playrooms and walked adorable and well-behaved pups. I'm definitely going back for more. I left with a sense of ease too. Puppy love is a great stress reliever.