Monday, November 17, 2008

When in Rome



Eat (Or Drink Cappuccino)



Pray (In Thanksgiving)


Love

My parents and I had the great fortune of taking a Fall trip to Italy with a weekend stop in Basel, Switzerland. My love for italian food definitely put this country at the top of my "places to see" list. As far as I'm concerned you cannot have a bad meal in Rome. Of course many of the foods I'm supposed to avoid - chocolate, cheese, milk, and yeast - were in abundance. I used the "I'm on vacation" card. It would have been a sin not to!

Pizza, cappuccino, gelati, pasta, Oh my!....god.....was it good!

It helped that we walked a lot. We also got a good workout climbing 350 steps (some of them steep) to the top of St. Peter's Basilica. Yowza. It was well worth the view.

All in all it was a spectacular and invigorating trip!

I was thrilled to get to visit my friend Melinda and her husband Rob in Switzerland. We took in sights of their city and lake Luzern, which is about an hour train ride from Basel. The views were breathtaking! I hope to meet up with them for a hike in the Alps after their little person arrives!

Mom and Dad at the Lake


Jen and Melinda in Basel