Saturday, August 16, 2008

Going Green

It took me a while to embrace greens like Kale and Swiss Chard. For me it's due to a fear of the unknown. How can I season them? How the heck should I cook them? I was out to dinner in the city and sampled some very tasty chard in a dijon mustard sauce. Paired with a small filet, it was delicious! I started experimenting and while I haven't attempted a repeat of the aforementioned meal, I came up with something quite yummy:

Take about 8 leaves of swiss chard (I usually get all green but this time it's rainbow chard):



Step 1 - Wash and de-vein

Step 2 - add one slice chopped red onion and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinagrette (I use Annie's).



Step 3 - add the swiss chard on top and watch it wilt! Cooking takes about 2 minutes!



Step 4 - Enjoy!!